Voor dat u begint
Voor dat u begint
Before you start
Safetly and the prevention of side effects are our priorities. Thus, we will not perform treatment under certain circumstances.
We will not be able to treat you if:
- If the skin that you wish to have treated has been exposed to the sun. This means that we will refuse to provide treatment if you, for example, walk in wearing a skirt that exposes your legs while you have booked to have your legs treated or if you walk in wearing a short-sleeved shirt while you have booked to have you forearms treated.
- If you are in the midst of a course of anti-biotics or are taking anti- inflamatory drugs. We will delay treatment until three weeks after you have last taken these drugs. We will also wait three weeks following a vaccination. If you have any other medical interventions or changes, please contact us well in advance of your appointment to make sure that we can treat you.
- If you are still tanned from a solarium session or tanning cream. Even if it was weeks ago since you visited the solarium or applied tanning cream, we will not treat you if it is still visually apparant. If this applies only to a certain area on your body, then we will avoid this area during treatment.
- If your naturally darker skin imposes too much of a risk. Unfortunately, modern hair removal techniques are less suitable for people with naturally darker skin, e.g. from African, Asian, Arabic or South American descent. These people are at higher risk of skin damage resulting in light or dark spots. We will take extra precautions and conduct multiple tests. We may, however, conclude that we are unwilling to take the risks in treating you.
We strongly advise you to arrive at your (intake) appointment well-prepared. Epilating hair, for example, can negatively affect the results of the laser treatment. Please read the information on preparation for laser hair removal and the medical information thoroughly.
Cases in which we will or will not perform treatment
If your case is not listed below, please consult your doctor whether or not you can undergo laser treatment. Additional information can be found on a seperate page listing contraindications.
We will NOT perform treatment in the following cases:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding (see contraindication 1)
- Acute infections or fever
- Within 6 weeks after an anesthetic surgery
- A young person who is not yet fully grown (see contraindication 2)
- Under age 18 without the permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian
- Having a pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- The skin has keloid tendencies (see contraindication 3)
- Received conventional cancer treatment less than 5 years ago (chemotherapy, operations, radiation) (see contraindication 4)
- Use of certain types of medication (see contraindication 5)
- Using antibiotics, penicillin or anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. prednison, corticosteroiden; we will have to wait 3 weeks)
- Within 3 weeks after a vaccination
- Taking ro-accutane, iso-tretoine (acne-medication) – 6 month waiting period required
- The wish to start hair removal treatment should not be a reason to stop taking your medication. Please consult your doctor!
Treatment IS possible, but we will be careful (=mild) and tests thoroughly under the following circumstances:
- Diabetes (see contraindication 6)
- Use of antidepressants, St. Jon’s-wort
- Medications that infuence the nervous system (see contraindication 7)
Treatment IS possible, but we will avoid the areas concerned:
- Active cold sore infection
- Shingles (see contraindication 8)
- Implants, srews, plates, piercings under or in the skin
- Botox, silicone, fillers, peeling
- Areas where radiation therapy for cancer is received in the past
- Received light-therapy
- Tattooes, permanent make-up
- Scars from surgery that are still healing
- Psoriasis, eczema, pityriasis rosea, hidradenitis suppurativa
- Applied cream containing Vitamin A with fungicide
- Having a cold
- Infection of ingrown hairs
- Hay fever, asthma and taking asthma medication: antihistaminica, ventolin, etc.
- Painkillers that affect a certain area of the body
- Hemorrhoid (we will avoid skin around recent hemorrhoids, the skin is still too thin)
- After untrasound treatments
- After a dentist appointment
- Tendencies for headaches and migraines
- Hirsutism, hypertrichosis (see contraindication 9)
- Amgal fillings. We advice you to use a rubber mouth guard, this can be bought in our practice.
- After visiting the sauna laser treatment is possible, but after laser treatment you are not allowed to visit the sauna.
Please let us know PRIOR to treatment if any changes in your medical condition have occured.
At the intake appointment we will try to get a clear image of your medical history. It could happen that your medical condition changes during the treatment trajectory, for example:
- You receive new medication
- Your doses of existing medication increases
- You undergo medical treatment
- A new medical condition arrises
Read additional information about the contraindications.